3.22.2010

80085














is this real life?


Feminists slam cancer campaign as sexist

WARSAW (Reuters) – Polish feminists have objected to a hospital's breast cancer prevention slogan which they say encourages workplace harassment, the Gazeta Wyborcza daily said on its website on Monday.

The slogan "I check the breasts of my workers on my own" was devised by a cancer hospital in the southern town of Opole and aimed at convincing employers to encourage their female workers to have their breasts checked regularly for cancer symptoms.

"This is a sexist slogan that obviously brings sexual molestation to mind," the head of the Feminoteka foundation, Joanna Piotrowska, was quoted on the website as saying.

"This campaign treats women as objects and is not far removed from advertisements in which girls flaunt their breasts over car bonnets. I wonder if this would be equally funny if it were changed to 'I check the penises of my workers on my own'."

(Writing by Kuba Jaworowski, editing by Paul Casciato)


the question: would this be equally as funny if the slogan were changed to:
"i check the penises of my workers on my own"?

the answer: yes. it would probably be MORE funny, actually...but i don't think it'd solve your little "workplace harassment" problem though.

back to the drawing board, i guess?


No comments: